To update information on your Google Business Profile, you need to verify your business. There are a variety of options - including phone, text, email, or video. However, only certain options may be available to your business, depending on your business category, public info, region, and more.
Before you can verify your Google Business Profile, you must create your business listing. Learn more about creating your Google Business Profile here.
1. To check the verification status of your Google Business Profile, type in "my business" into the google search bar at google.com.
2. Check which Google account you're signed into and confirm that it's the account from which your Google Business Profile was created.
Topline Pro Tip: If you're not sure which Google account your Google Business Profile was created with, try logging into all of your Google accounts (by clicking on the account icon on the top right corner of your screen) and searching "my business" to see which account is tied to your Google Business Profile.
3. Click "Get verified" in the notification that customers can't see your business information. You can then select your verification method:
1. Check that the address is right.
2. Click "Mail."
3. You should receive your postcard within 14 days.
4. Once you receive your postcard, return to the Google Business Profile Manger page. Instead of "Get verified," now you will see a button that says "Enter code."
5. Enter the 5-digit verification code from your postcard.
6. Click "Submit."
Call or Text
1. Check to make sure the phone number is right and click "Call" or "Text."
2. Pick up the call or open the text.
3. Enter the code given to you by the call or text and click "Verify."
1. Make sure the email address is correct and you can access it.
2. You will receive an email from Google Business Profile support. Open it and follow the steps given there.